Monday, January 8, 2018

NEW YEAR...NEW LIFE..NEW OUTLOOK...

As I sat in church today and experienced a NEW way to teaching and sharing in Relief Society, I'll be honest, I was a little cynical. My thoughts, and well I probably voiced them too...

But the Relief Society President asked us all to put our chairs into a circle after the opening exercises and she began our NEW YEAR and first Sunday NEW Counsel Meeting.

And all of the sisters were guided by our Relief Society President in a conversation in regarding how we can better serve each other, how we can better love each other, how we can be more mindful of each other and how we can execute the Lord's Gospel around us.

I was SOOO touched by the responses of the sisters and the honesty and the heartfelt and sincere desire to do good that it has prompted me to Look into my own life and sit and write..

What will this NEW Year bring you? What will YOU Bring this NEW Year? How will you be a better sister, friend, teacher, mom, daughter, aunt, grandma?

I'm constantly looking at ways and watching others to see how I can improve. And what I learned from this counsel meeting is that WE ALL have a desire to Help & to Serve.

My testimony was strengthened by the NEW way of sitting as sisters. We were able to make eye contact, smile at one another, and it really had a feeling of Unity.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is True. It is constantly encouraging us in eternal ways that make my spirit feel whole.

I'm excited to see what this year will bring but it's going to be day by day, line upon line, & precept upon precept. I hope I make a more conscious effort to be a Sister in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That's my goal.

Peace & Blessings
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing, being in the primary, I miss out on this and wondered how it Went! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

MAXIMIZE YOU EVERYDAY

  It's BORN!! The Dream, the Idea, the INTENTION is HERE! I sometimes wondered WHY it has taken me SO SO long, and WHY it MAY continue t...