Sunday, March 5, 2017

Ammon & His Lessons

Cedar City might actually blow away today... It has been more then Winnie the Pooh can bear.. And all I want to do is sit inside & stay warm. The Sun tells me it is beautiful but the sound of the rattling windows, the water moving in the toilet tells me otherwise. The house I live in might actually blow over. Kyle was telling me that water should not be slopping around like waves in an ocean. But when you rent sometimes you have to take what you can get. But I'm not complaining because I'm grateful to have the roof over my head.. just simple little contemplating thoughts..

This weekend was crazy.. Saturday I had to remind myself to breathe at every stop light. We started early with wrestling, then on to Southern Utah String Festival, then little parties, & then my nephew was Baptised and the day ended with a late night trip to Wal-mart after Kyle and I caught a movie.

But it was a great day. I love my days packed. The more packed the more lessons are to be learned. And today was no different.

Ammon, my youngest has started wrestling and something has clicked with him because he really wants to understand the sport & learn the moves. He's been doing this since he was 4 but not very serious. We always start out strong at practices and go to a few meets and by the end of the season my other 5 kids have their demands. But this year Ammon is taking initiative and reminding ME about practice, and he is Reminding ME to sign him up for the tournaments.

So like the good wife & mom that I am... I DO!! But this year, he is a little older, he is a little stronger, he is a little braver, he is a little smarter, & so is EVERYONE else!!!

But this year he is learning the lesson that is so important... HE is Learning to UNDERSTAND!! This is WHY I love wrestling. Ammon is getting thrown around, he is getting hurt, he is getting slammed on the mat, he is getting elbows slammed because he didn't tuck it at the right time, he is getting his head pushed and shoved into the mat & into his opponents grips, and he is getting pinned. But on the flip side,  he is doing the gripping, he is doing the shoving & he is doing the pinning.

And WINNING always feels good!! It always makes you THINK YOU are the best... and we all need that little EGO-boost, if you will.. Wrestling is a sport like none other... it is not just a physical sport, it is a mental sport to the XXX TReme!! This weekend Ammon got trashed at best. He left all he had on the mat but in Beaver he just couldn't pull it out. The boys were better then him. They were bred for this.. and on Saturday he walked away with second but he lost again to his friend..

If you ask Ammon what he learned from these two days... it was to be POSITIVE. It's more then just not quitting, it's more then just getting thrown around, Ammon walked away knowing he gave all he had & he need to be Proud of himself and the next time he steps into practice & a meet he will keep his head & be Positive.

Thinking GOOD thoughts is sooo important in life, even though we know that the reality is something else.

It is Satan that wants us to beat ourselves up, he wants us to quit, he wants us to blame EVERYONE else for our mistakes, losses, etc. This life is MORE. We need to look for MORE. We can't waste our time being a doomsdayer when there is SOOO much GOOD this world has to offer.

Yes, there is illness. Yes, there is disasters, Yes, there is turmoil, Yes, there is, there is, there is... But Yes, there is hope, Yes, there is Faith, Yes, there is Good, Yes, there is YOU & ME... Let us take this lesson that my 9 year old son finally UNDERSTOOD, and actually APPLY it.. BE POSITIVE!! Find something GOOD.. write about it, shout it from the Roof top.. If you Believe in Jesus say it loud, say it proud... BE the GOOD News that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has to offer.

I can't end this blog without saying Thank you AGAIN to Coach Lowry.. he drives home to these boys what parents teach but I'm so grateful for moments of defeat to bring out the moments of reflection..

May God Bless you with all the Understanding you need to move forward.

Peace & Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAXIMIZE YOU EVERYDAY

  It's BORN!! The Dream, the Idea, the INTENTION is HERE! I sometimes wondered WHY it has taken me SO SO long, and WHY it MAY continue t...