Monday, January 1, 2018

Debbie

A Woman's Touch.

We are strong.
We are smart.
We are in Tune
We are in His Hands & He is in our Hearts.

I have this little girl in my life. Her name is Ella. She has become my little side quick these last few months. She has played a very important part of my cup filling up. But today while all her siblings were slaying it on the slopes of Brian-head, my little Ella Bella worked side by side with me at my Business. She did laundry, She took out garbage's, She helped people, She is always what I need. But to have some quality time Ella wanted to see a movie.

I was EXHAUSTED. But I couldn't disappoint my little Ella. So off we went to see "Same Kind of Different as Me." The trailer looked good. But it looked like it might be slow. It's a school night. I was trying to think of excuses but I promised her and a mommy keeps her promises.

I found her in the Theatre and the story began. It's based on a True Story. It's a typical story. Boy meets girl, boy cheats on girl, girl keeps boy and off the story went.

The woman's name was Debbie. She fed the homeless. She loved the unlovable. She taught her husband and her children a truer meaning to life.

Denver was the name of the Homeless man that was in her dream and he was an angry soul. But couldn't understand why Debbie wanted to be his friend. He wasn't friends with "white-folk, especially white women."

Debbie had a power that all of us women have, we have the POWER to be KIND. You see in the Family Proclamation that was given to the World, "Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children." We are creators of the very beings that will rule the world, educate our future generations, Serve the poor and needy, and Love the unlovable.

God entrusted US with this Divine Gift to love. It runs through our DNA and it is up to us to tap into it and exercise it. We Change the World. We empower our loved ones. We decide if there is Peace or Chaos. We CHOOSE to look for the Good.

I have been through challenging times. I have been criticized . I have been through family torment. I have created some too. But this YEAR, I'm going to Start with ME & MY Family. 

I am going to STRIVE to Practice what I Preach.. 
I want to be like Debbie and like Denver and LOOK in the HEART. 

Here are some quotes to THINK on...

"When you is precious to God, you become important to Satan."

"Our limitation is God's opportunity. When you get all the way to the end of your rope and there ain't nothin you can do, that's when God takes over."

"But sometimes we has to be thankful for the things that hurt us, "I said, "cause sometimes God does things that hurts us but they help somebody else."

And my favorite quote:

“I used to spend a lotta time worryin that I was different from other people, even from other homeless folks. Then, after I met Miss Debbie and Mr. Ron, I worried that I was so different from them that we wadn't ever gon' have no kind a' future. But I found out everybody's different - the same kind of different as me. We're all just regular folks walkin down the road God done set in front of us. The truth about it is, whether we is rich or poor or somethin in between, this earth ain't no final restin place. So in a way, we is all homeless - just workin our way toward home.” 
― Denver MooreSame Kind of Different as Me: a modern-day slave, an international art dealer, and the unlikely woman who bound them together

This is my year!! This is my new day to look a little higher, be a little brighter.
I challenge you to GO & DO.. GO & BE.. GO & SERVE.. GO & BECOME..

Love my Ella Bella for always teaching me in her Quiet and yes, it is a Quiet way that she shares her love, and Dignity with those around her.

Peace & Blessings
Happy New Year
xoxo












No comments:

Post a Comment

MAXIMIZE YOU EVERYDAY

  It's BORN!! The Dream, the Idea, the INTENTION is HERE! I sometimes wondered WHY it has taken me SO SO long, and WHY it MAY continue t...