Monday, April 2, 2018

GENERATIONS

I seriously just used a calculator to figure out how long it has been since I left to serve the Lord. It was 24 years ago that I was called to serve in the Uruguay Montevideo Mission. That experience literally saved my life & changed my life.

I never imagined that I would be able to continue to hear the words of my Mission President in General Conference on a regular basis. President Robbins was my mission president along with his wife Jan and because of their choice to follow the Lord, it has forever changed my families life for eternity.

You see, my daughter Kylee is in Oklahoma and she just wrote the coolest letter to everyone and I don't even think she put it together but in her letter, that I will add to this, was a little favorite part she enjoyed in General Conference. She mentioned my Mission Presidents name and how much she enjoyed his talk and then bore testimony of the countless times the Savior will forgive us.

I never imagined that my choices in serving a mission would impact my family this way.
I wanted and want all my children to serve because I feel like it solidifies a foundation that is so needed in these last days. I always tell my girls... I know you don't have to go, but just think, YOU get to be with Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ for 18 months solid. You get to get out of your head and serve others. You get to learn about you. You get to strengthen others in an Eternal way. You get to do Hard things like you've never experienced.

I am going to love my kids and their choices. But I do encourage them to build their eternal package now.


Good morning Y'all!!

It has been an awesome week!! A little bit rainy and a little bit crazy, but you know, still awesome!!

We spent a lot of time store contacting and trying to contact all of our potentials this week. On Wednesday, we decided to use the rest of our miles to go find all our referrals and people in all the outlying towns. We were everywhere! It was cool though, we were able to talk to some people. We also saw a turtle crossing the road... yep.

Thursday was zone conference!! And it was awesome!! We talked about all the doctrine in Alma. There is literally so much!! It is so awesome how the Spirit teaches something a little different different to everyone. Everyone's message that they got out of the book of Alma was specifically tailored to their needs. I learned about making small and subtle changes that make a big difference.

The Lord has been working in the lives of our investigators and part member families. One of the nonmember husbands of a recent convert found out that he was related to Joseph Smith, which made everything seem more real to him. One of our investigators realized the divine timing that was involved when her friend's apartment caught on fire and she was there to call 911 and save the dogs. Another husband of one of our investigators recognized the voice of the Spirit, which saved him from getting in a major accident. The Lord is working miracles every day and things are lining up in these people's lives. Sometimes I wish things would go faster, but it is all in the Lord's timing!!

General Conference was amazing!! I learned so much about everything! All of those changes are so cool!! I am so excited for the way the work in the church is progressing. Literally, we are getting closer to the second coming and all of these things are helping us to be prepared and helping us to be stronger, more unified, and more converted. So cool!! I love Lynn G Robbins talk about not fearing failure and how necessary failure is to ultimate success. We get basically the infinite number of chances because of the Savior and I am so grateful!!!
also, my favorite talk was by Brian k. Taylor on how we are children of God. Please if you haven't go watch it! you will feel all the love of our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. 

My companion and I dyed eggs for Easter and it was so fun!! Gotta celebrate! Really though, it is because of Christ that everything is possible!! I love Him so much! He is always there for me! And He is always there for you! I know that with all my heart! If you didn't get a chance to watch conference, watch it! It is amazing!! One of our Investigators, Miss Pami watched it at home (she even watched the Priesthood session, which we didn't even tell her about) and LOVED it!! "I get it now! I get prophets and apostles! I am soo joining!!" Yep, that is what she said! We are pretty excited! Stay tuned for more on that one!

On a side note, our investigator Raymond, who is getting baptized this week and we are literally so excited phoned us yesterday morning. He told us that he wasn't coming back to the church. We were so confused and so sad and then he said "April Fools!!" Aaaah!! We totally believed him and we were so heartbroken! He is still laughing about it!!!

I am so blessed to say that one year ago on April fools day I received my call here to Oklahoma, I cant think of a better place to be serving the Lord, this is His work and I'm so grateful I get to be a part of it! 
have a blessed week y'all! 

1 comment:

  1. I love her enthusiasm & testimony! Reminds me of the young hermanas we once were, & yes, how missionary service changes lives.

    ReplyDelete

MAXIMIZE YOU EVERYDAY

  It's BORN!! The Dream, the Idea, the INTENTION is HERE! I sometimes wondered WHY it has taken me SO SO long, and WHY it MAY continue t...