Thursday, December 29, 2016

Another Willie InSIGHT

I often think about my life with Willie. As we come to the END of his HIGH SCHOOL career, my eyes and my mind are open to the WORLD that my SWEET son must embrace and take one. He will no longer need IEP's (an "educational tool" to chart his progression from year to year), he will completely and 100% be in MY care and it will be UP to ME to guide him from activity to activity.

DON't get me wrong... I guide my son everyday, but SCHOOL is a big deal in these children's daily schedule & it creates a consistent routine that they are very familiar with and they aren't very good with CHANGE. Although in Willie's defense, he is pretty good with change. He has moved over 20 times in his lifetime and he has a phrase that is daily conversation: WHAT's  MY PLAN Mom? He asks me that because I'm always teaching my other 5 children to have a PLAN. What's YOUR Plan? What's your desitny? Where are you going? What do you want to do in your life? etc. etc...

But today was no different then any other day.

Willie: What's my Plan MOM?
Mom: Well, Willie, I'm taking the kids snowboarding in Brian head, do you want to ride along?
Willie: No MOM, I want to go Snow boarding.
Mom: Well, maybe next time bud.. I need to see how these kids like it.. (notice I'm trying to convince him it's not very much fun.)
Willie: I can DO IT Mom.
Mom: Maybe I'll take the kids tubing tomorrow and you can go then, or we will see how much private lessons are... I promise Willie I will let you go...

You see the reason I couldn't let Willie go wasn't because the cost of $300 of private lessons & lift pass was so "AFFORDABLE" (NOT)... I couldn't let him go because I couldn't stay. I was just dropping off my other kids...I started to see that this "after school" thing might be harder then I think.

As I drove back up the mountain to retrieve my children, Willie didn't want to go this time, he chose to go to work at OUR Family Movie Theatre. But my HEART wasn't happy, my HEART was HEAVY and was very burdened by my strong desire to do something great for WILLIE. I mean after all this is HIS life too.

I was listening to the scriptures, the Book of Mormon actually. And I just happened to be at the part when Jesus Christ is in the Americas and he is directing them to PONDER & PRAY... the people were so HAPPY he was there and he turned to look upon the people and they had tears in their eyes...
3 Nephi 17:6-8 "Behold , my bowels are filled with compassion towards you. Have ye any that are sick among you? Bring them hither. Have ye any that are lame, or blind, or halt, or maimed, or leprous, or that are withered, or that are deaf or that are afflicted in any manner? Bring them hither and I will heal them, for I have compassion upon you; my bowels are filled with mercy. For I perceive that ye desire that I should show unto you what I have done unto your brethren at Jerusalem, for I see that your faith is sufficient that I should heal you."

Part of me just wanted to call upon JESUS and PRAY that he would Heal Willie. Part of Me wanted to scream out and say WHAT do I do NOW!!! But I KNOW, I KNOW what to do, and I know what I'm capable of. God has put me down so many paths and I have met so many people that the time will be right for Willie & I to CREATE a plan for HIM & for others LIKE HIM

but....

As I thought of the MIRACLES that our Savior Jesus Christ offered to the people of the America's and of Jerusalem my HEART swelled with Gratitude that I was able to have the example of these people and THEIR faith. I know that in time Willie will be healed in his own time.  Willie is SOOOO smart with HIS HEART!! He knows he is "SPECIAL" and sometimes he doesn't want to be "SPECIAL" but I know my calling on earth.

I will make sure Willie gets a chance to SKI and I will make sure that WILLie is HAPPY with HIS plan everyday. I feel blessed to have the MOVIE THEATRE. Willie loves working with his sister and taking tickets for the customers and directing them to their Theatre.

So as I take this journey with my Wills and we move from one phase of life to the next it will be as the scriptures say, "Search, Ponder & Pray". I will seek the Lord's advice, counsel and I will rely on the Holy Spirit to HELP me in my Journey with Willie.

Peace & Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAXIMIZE YOU EVERYDAY

  It's BORN!! The Dream, the Idea, the INTENTION is HERE! I sometimes wondered WHY it has taken me SO SO long, and WHY it MAY continue t...