Thursday, July 16, 2020

BOOKS!!

I wasn't a stronger reader in my early years... I didn't comprehend anything I read... I struggled with reading fast... and so in my year's schooling (13 years), I came to the conclusion I HATED reading... I think I started the Book of Mormon over thousands of times only to feel ashamed that I had never finished it... besides I didn't understand it...

Then something wild happened... I started to Grow... Mature... and even started to THINK... When I left to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ I was then forced to read... well not forced in the sense of "YOU MUST READ"!!

No... but if I wanted to know what I believed and if I wanted to relate and if I was going to ask people to read I decided I probably should read and study... that's when I learned to LOVE to READ...

I LOVE BOOKS!! My love for learning and reading came when I was in Uruguay but that was just a pilot light... MY LOVE began when my husband Kyle started reading books... When he road on Heavy Equipment and pushed dirt all day he bought a walk-man (yep that's what we had) and he started listening to Books on Tape.

And because I have a little bit of FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) I didn't want to be left behind I started reading too... not the same books... Books that interested me...

Kyle and I would share the books we were reading and what we were learning and the applying began...

Kyle and I cross paths with many business affiliates daily... and they are always surprised at how quickly we came out of the Crash... ( I don't feel free yet but) Our portfolio is strong and has great potential... but still they are surprised at how much we have accomplished, conquered and overcome...

And I would attribute it to Reading... setting yourself up for success and applying what you are learning...

Find your Mentor!! Whether through Books, through seminars, through coaching... If you want to play in the Big Leagues... YOU have to READ...

Here are a Few of My Favorite Books...

Why We Want You to Be Rich
Water Fasting: Rapid Weightloss (this was such an interesting book and I learned a lot)
The Go-Getter
Aspire
Relentless
Outwitting the Devil
On Fire
No Limits
The Dream Manager
Rich Dad Poor Dad
Anatomy of Peace
Man's Search for Meaning...

These are just to name a few... if you're worried about how slow or no time.. just start slow... don't be hard on yourself... Find something you enjoy... I really enjoy learning from entrepreneurs and from people that are on the same path I'm on...

I don't enjoy sad books or books that will make me cry... I need to feel hopeful and encouraged and I need books that make me think and I want to create so I turn to books like that...

My kids listen to books and read the same books... we want to have strong mindsets and set our kids up for success and be ahead of the game in life...

Now I love to read and it's on my terms... No grades... no shaming... just me trying to get out of my head and create... Create something in my dreams...

#maximizeyoueveryday

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAXIMIZE YOU EVERYDAY

  It's BORN!! The Dream, the Idea, the INTENTION is HERE! I sometimes wondered WHY it has taken me SO SO long, and WHY it MAY continue t...