Sunday, July 31, 2022

Danube RIVER Cruise..


What an experience!! I wanted to document my trip... so many parallels with so many fun times and times of sadness.. times of laughter... times of reflection... and those A-HA moments kept me on my toes...

It did help that the company we kept were fun... positive... and just as excited as we were to see the World of Eastern Europe...

We flew to Amsterdam-Prague and then spent 7 days busing it across Europe... Salzburg... Friedberg (Kyle's tour)... Bavaria... Munich... Linz...  Vienna... boating to Budapest..

Every city contained it's horror of Hitler... beauty of "The Sound of Music"... sadness of bombings destroying entire cities... Disney's inspiration for the Cinderella Castle... Home of Mozart... Prague's "rodeo drive" of shopping... Paprika of Hungary... Austria's home of KTM... and the small town of Oberammergau who presents the "Passion of the CHRIST" ONLY every 10 years...

This is the reason we went... the small town presents in honor of Christ this play to show their love of what Christ did for us so that their town will be freed of the plague that killed hundreds of people... their dedication... drama... and their loyalty was left on the stage... 

It was the HIGHLIGHT for me... It brought tears to my eyes to see the love of these people and what they were willing to do to keep their town safe...

Do you have something that YOU sacrifice to protect your family? I know I don't... I think the last time I sacrificed something was on my mission... It was a beautiful trip with friends that I will treasure forever...

BUT what I brought home in a nutshell was the way the whole TOUR was ran... It was punctual... It was FUN... It was tiring... BUT it had a PLAN...

I like plans... You have probably read many writings from this blog about having a plan... but I realized when I got off the boat that OUR life is much like a CRUISE...

In perspective... let me back up... When we got off the BUS we boarded the AMAwaterways River cruise ship... We showed our passports... showed our room and in our room was a key that we would use to check in and off our BOAT... 

EVERYDAY their would be an itinerary of our day... Our pillows were fluffed... Dark chocolate placed on each pillow and we felt like a Prince and Princess... 

At night I would read the next days agenda and Kyle and I would make a plan for us... We would include our friends with our decisions and work with them because of course we were on this cruise because of them and wanted to spend time with them... some things we did together and some things we did on our own... and the BEST was when we were together for sure...

It got me thinking... HOW is this any different then my home... 
MY life and journey I am on can be like a cruise... detailed... FUN... tiring... with friends at times... and sometimes without... BUT at the end of the day what am I doing to better organize my home... and even leave the BUSY to the world...

The one things I loved about this trip was it took the HUSTLE out of my life... I was getting so tired of just HUSTLING... my mind was getting to point that I simply was becoming numb to the American PUSH... don't get me wrong I like the stress... but it was becoming to much... and I made a decision while gone for the last 16 days... MY DRIVE doesn't determine MY SPEED...

BE the Cruise Director in your life... don't let other people's emergency become your priority... Make a Plan every night for the next day... ADD the little details... the times... the breaks... don't fill your day with unimportant items... and if you can't fill the time.. don't be Hard on yourself... let that BE... YOU time... or a quiet reading moment with a child or spouse...

Europeans live differently then US... and WE could take some notes... they LOOK UP...

I took notes... I am going to do things different in my life and I am going to be more conscience in the "ENJOY" 

You can make some many comparisons with this... 
YOU can say GOD is the cruise director... 
YOU can say GOD created the journey... 
YOU can place it however YOU see fit... 

FOR ME I feel so blessed for the experience... every travel experience changes my life... I love seeing the WORLD GOD created... and when I see people... I say... MAN I have some crazy... weird... brothers and sisters... the Germans don't like us... the Austrians don't know anything about the Sound of Music... and HITLER was a bad bad man... but MOZART wrote some beautiful music... 

At the end of the Cruise and seeing God's hand in it all... I feel blessed. I feel blessed to have had this experience. And Kyle and I became more secure with each other... HE does ADORE me... HE does LOVE ME... and being vulnerable is not easy for me... I have the best people in my life... The Schmidt's and The Payne's are my eternal friends... I am blessed to know them and I am a better woman because of them... THANK YOU Jessica & Tonya... 

Jesus take the WHEEL...

#maximizeyoueveryday #realhousewifesu #womanstouch


No comments:

Post a Comment

MAXIMIZE YOU EVERYDAY

  It's BORN!! The Dream, the Idea, the INTENTION is HERE! I sometimes wondered WHY it has taken me SO SO long, and WHY it MAY continue t...